Thank you for visiting the Official Site of Broward County, Florida ("Site"). It is presented to you by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners. Our Site adheres to high Internet standards by complying with the State of Florida's Public Records statutes and laws, by observing and championing Net etiquette, linking externally without endorsements, and by aiming for factual information throughout the Site. By accessing or using the Site, information, materials and data contained in the Site (http://www.broward.org/) World Wide Web pages, the user hereby agrees to accept the following terms and conditions contained below:Linkage
Broward County provides links to the following types of organizations:
- Links to Other Governmental Units & Educational Institutions - Broward County provides links to other federal, state, and local governmental units that provide additional services and information that users of Broward County's Official Site may find of interest. Links are also provided to educational institutions which include Grades K through 12, school districts, intermediate school districts, community colleges, and universities.
- Links to Private Organizations/Commercial sites - Broward County does not provide links to private organizations or commercial sites unless the sites offers services or educational information that compliments the information or services offered by Broward County. Broward County will not link to any site that contains any frontal nudity, profane or obscene language. The determination of whether to establish a link to a private organization's web site is made by Broward County's Public Communications Office on a case-by-case basis.
- Links to Non-Profit Organizations - Broward County provides links to non-profit organizations that users of Broward County's Site may find of interest. The determination of whether to establish links to non-profit organizations is made by Broward County's Public Communications Office on a case-by-case basis.
The Official Site of Broward County, Florida, has, will, or may contain threaded discussions, chat rooms, list servs and other communication forums. By participating in any of these, users agree to send and receive messages that are both proper and related to the forum topic. The following actions are unacceptable practices:
- Defaming, harassing, threatening, or otherwise violating the legal rights of others, including their privacy (see below);
- Misrepresenting one's person, background, or character;
- Posting any defamatory, infringing, profane, obscene, false, frontal nudity or unlawful material;
- Selling, advertising, or exchanging any goods or services unless expressly allowed and authorized by prior written approval of the Broward County's Public Communications Office;
- Posting any copyrighted or patented material owned by a third party.
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our Web Site, download our publications, use our e-mail communications, or any other feature. We collect no personal information about you when you visit www.broward.org unless you choose to provide this information to us or unless required by a specific County agency in order to transact business with that agency. Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
We will use the information that you voluntarily provide to us to notify you of selected Site changes or new publications. We may also use it to conduct statistical analyses of user activities in order to measure user interest in the information we provide and how we provide it. However, we do collect and store some non-personal information automatically as stated below.What We Collect and Store Automatically
- Name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, xcompany.com, if you use a private Internet access account, or yourschool.edu if you connect from an educational institution's domain);
- The page from which you came and the pages that you access.
- Date and time you access our Site;
- Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our Site;
- Your system's IP (Internet Protocol) address; and
- The type of browser and operating system you used to access our Site.
In order to process some transactions (or in the future to customize content specific to your geographic area or interests), we use cookie technology. A cookie is data that is stored on your computer's hard drive or is stored temporarily by our system. This data allows your browser to communicate with our Web servers. We use the cookie to track your progress during a transactional process such as paying your real estate taxes online. When your transaction is completed, the cookie is saved on your PC. The only time we create a cookie is when you conduct a multi-part transaction.
You may choose to reject all cookies by modifying your browser preferences. However, if you do not accept cookies, you will not be able to use some of our functions that require their use.Disclaimer Regarding Accuracy of Information
Visitors to and users of the Official Site of Broward County, Florida, are advised that information contained within the pages of the Site is believed to be accurate. However, errors can occur even with computer-generated information. The County makes no representation regarding the completeness, accuracy, or timeliness of such information and data or that such information and data will be error-free. In the event that the information on the County's official printed documents differ from the information contained on this Web Site, the information on the County's official printed documents will control and take precedence. Please be aware that in the event an error or omission occurs, Broward County will use all of its resources to recover fees and taxes due to it.
Visitors are encouraged to review the official version of all documents upon which they plan to rely. Any special notices related to how accurate or how current specific elements of data presented in our Site will be defined on those specific pages.Site Security
When you use your credit card, debit card, or on-line checks to do business on the Official Site of Broward County, Florida, we protect the integrity and privacy of your account information with advanced technologies . Our systems use Internet data encryption technology, known as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol (SHTTP), and Secure Electronic Transactions (SET).
However, even with advanced technologies, it is not always possible to prevent unauthorized access or unauthorized disclosure. The County makes no representation and assumes no responsibility or liability concerning the accuracy of the information or for any loss which might result to the user by the use of this Web Site. Please be aware that in the event unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, third party intervention, or any loss occurs due to error, omission, or inaccurate information being displayed on this Web Site, Broward County reserves the right to recover any unpaid fees and taxes owed to it.Intrusion Detection
For security purposes and to help ensure this service remains available to you, we use special software programs for monitoring network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise to cause damage to this government computer system or Site. These programs collect no information that would directly identify individuals, but they do collect information that could help us identify someone attempting to tamper with this Web Site.
If you use this system or Site, you should understand that all activities may be monitored and recorded. Anyone using this system or Site expressly consents to such monitoring. WARNING -- If such monitoring reveals possible evidence or information of criminal or suspicious activity, monitoring records may be provided to law enforcement officials without any prior oral or written notice to you.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, we make no other attempts to identify individual users or their usage habits. We only use raw monitoring data logs for determining trends in usage patterns and in diagnosing system or site problems.Indemnity
As a condition of use of Broward County's Web Site, the user any/or anyone linking to the Site agree to indemnify Broward County, its Commissioners, officers, employees, and agents against any and all liability, expenses (including attorney's fees and court costs) and damages arising out of claims resulting from user's use of this Web Site and/or anyone linking to the Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach of these terms and conditions stated in this Terms or Use and Legal Information.Jurisdiction
If you have any questions, suggestions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us at:mailto:email@example.com If you have any complaints or would like to notify us of any copyrights or patented materials relating to this Site and/or anyone linking to this Site, please forward them to us at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: September 7, 2006.