Port Business Purpose Application, click here
The ID Office is located at 1530 SE 24th Street (Spangler Boulevard/SR84). The phone number is 954-765-4604 or 954-765-4225.
Hours of operation are:
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday closed
Pursuant to local, state and federal law, all persons entering Port Everglades are subject to established security restrictions:
Federal law requires a person seeking unescorted access to any seaport facility in the country to obtain a Federal Transportation Worker Identification Crendential (TWIC). To apply for a TWIC, visit universalenroll.dhs.gov and select TWIC. This site also allows you to schedule an appointment, track your status and locate the nearest enrollment center. For more information, call 1-866-347-8942.
- All visitors must be invited guests of a specific Port Everglades business, tenant or agency.
- Visitors shall be authorized access only to the area specific to their Port business. Unauthorized roaming through the Port is prohibited.
- In restricted and secure areas, visitors must be issued a visitor identification badge and be escorted by an individual with a permanent Port Business Purpose Card and a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) for access to that area. They must remain accompanied by that escort at all times. Badges must be conspicuously displayed at all times.
- The Visitor ID badge, self-expiring at 11:59 p.m. on the date received, is issued at the checkpoints.
- Visitors attempting to enter the Port more than 15 times in a 90-day period will be required to obtain and display a permanent port-issued Business Purpose Card.
- Visitors will not be allowed to park in restricted or secure areas.
- Special rules apply to Day Laborers.
- Temporary, self-expiring badges are issued at the Port ID Office and at the checkpoints.
- Temporary badges are issued for single days and for specific areas of access.
- Day laborers must apply for a blue temporary Business Purpose Card at the first visit and have it in their possession at all times while working at the Port. To apply for a temporary card, day laborers must submit their company work order, valid form of government-issued identification and $25 in cash or company check.
- Badges must be conspicuously displayed at all times.
- Itinerant/day laborer parking is in designated areas throughout the Port.
Valid Picture Identification
Picture identification, accepted by Port Everglades for issuance of access badges, includes the following:
- Driver’s License
- Florida Identification Card
- Alien Registration Card
- Foreign Identification Card
Proof of Destination
- Bill of Lading
- Company Identification
- Faxed Company Letter
- Call Placed to Receiving Company to Verify Delivery
- All personnel permanently employed at Port Everglades are required to obtain a Port-issued picture Business Purpose Card.
- Business Purpose Cards will be issued for a period up to three years depending on the nature of the persons work at the Port.
- Persons with a valid TWIC will be issed a green Business Purpose Card authorizing unescorted access to designated restricted and secure areas based on their purpose for acess. Cards will be issued at no cost.
- Persons without a valid TWIC will be issued a yellow Business Purpose Card, but will require escort by a TWIC holder to enter designated restricted or secure areas. Cards will be issued for a fee of $25 payable in cash or company check.
- Business Purpase Cards must be displayed at all times when accessing or working within restricted areas of the Port.
- Lost, stolen, mutilated or rescinded cards must be reported to the Port Security Administration and Broward Sheriff's Office.
- All Port Business Purpose Cards must be returned to Port Security Administration or Broward Sheriff's Office upon termination of employment.
- Business Purpose Cards normally will be available approximately the same day that the application have been submitted.
- All cruise passengers departing from Port Everglades will enter the Port through a security checkpoint after presenting picture identifications for each person in the vehicle over age 18 as well as travel documents.
- Vehicles will enter only through security checkpoints at the Port.
- Vehicles will be parked in specific designated parking lots.
- Private vehicles will not be allowed to park in restricted access unless authorized and credentialed.
- Dockside parking pass fee $100.