From industrial scenes to glamorous cruise shots, location scouts know Port Everglades makes an intriguing backdrop for movies, commercials, fashion pages and other commercial film ventures. We work closely with our partners at the Broward County Office of Film & Entertainment to ensure your blockbuster is a hit.
Guidelines for Commercial Filming at Port Everglades
Step One: Obtain a permit from the Broward County Office of Film & Entertainment: 954-767-2467
Step Two: Provide us with a written request (email to PortEverglades@broward.org) stating:
- Name and address of production company
- Name of publication, movie, or company sponsoring the commercial
- Purpose of filming at the Port
- Number of people in the cast and crew
- Whether Port Everglades or Broward County will receive credit as the location
- The name of the security agency hired to escort the crew during the filming. We can provide a list of security companies that have maritime/port certification
Step Three: Your request is then forwarded to Port Operations, Port Security, Broward Sheriff's Office, U.S. Coast Guard, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. If there are any concerns, we will contact you to work out the details.
Step Four: Everyone on the crew will need temporary visitor ID badges that must be visible at all times. To obtain a badge, we will need information from each of the talent and crew members so the Broward Sheriff's Office can conduct a background check in advance. Please provide this information at least two days in advance.
- Full name
- Birth date
- Driver's license number or passport number
These are basic guidelines for commercial filmings at Port Everglades. For more information, please contact Port Everglades Corporate & Community Relations at 954-468-0183 or 954-468-3508.