WHAT: Federal and local law enforcement will participate in a full-scale emergency exercise to test emergency response plans, policies and procedures as they pertain to a complex, coordinated terrorist attack occurring at Port Everglades.
WHEN: Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- 11AM Media and observer briefing and credentialing
- Noon Exercise begins
- 3:30PM Exercise ends
WHERE: Port Everglades
- Media and observers to meet at Cruise Terminal 26 (2026 Eller Drive, Hollywood)
- Viewing will be from the Midport Garage 4th Floor, located within walking distance of Terminal 26
- Exercise will take place inside and outside of Cruise Terminal 19
- Broward Sheriff’s Office
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Broward Health and Medical Center
- Port Everglades
WHY: Port Everglades is an economic engine for Broward County that requires the highest level of safety and security for its customers, workforce, neighboring residents and all port assets. Emergency response exercises are a critical component of port security. It is important to continuously practice response efforts and test tactical resources.
SECURITY: Be prepared to present a valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license or passport) at the entrance to Port Everglades.