WHAT: Celebrity Cruises’ Celebrity Edge out of Port Everglades will be first ship to sail from the United States with passengers after a 15-month national hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Port Everglades lost more than 50 percent in revenue in Fiscal Year 2020 primarily from the cruise shutdown, which typically generates nearly $60 million in revenue annually for the port.
Celebrity Cruises is homeported at Port Everglades, sailing primarily from Terminal 25. The ultramodern cruise terminal opened in November 2018 following a $120 million renovation to expand the square footage by 83 percent to 157,800 square feet and transform the warehouse into a sleek, contemporary embarkation center with a VIP lounge, a rooftop viewing area, interactive art and a designated crew lounge.
WHEN: Saturday, June 26 at 10 AM
- Jonathan Daniels, Port Everglades Chief Executive and Port Director
- Michael Udine, Broward County Vice Mayor
- Richard Fain, Chairman & CEO, Royal Caribbean Group
- Brian Abel, Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations,
- Captain Kate McCue, Celebrity Edge Captain
- Park in front of Cruise Terminal 26
- Press conference will take place on the dock between Terminals 25 and 26
- Address: 2026 Eller Drive, Hollywood, FL 33316
- Register using this link
- Government-issued photo ID required at the security checkpoints into the Port
- Ellen Kennedy, Port Everglades, 954-468-3508 (O) or 954-868-0220 (M)
Alinda Montfort, Port Everglades, 954-468-0169 (O) or 954-258-9330 (M)