The 43-acre near-dock Intermodal Container Transfer Facility (ICTF) at Port Everglades is operated by Florida East Coast Railway (FECR). The ICTF's advantageous location adjacent to the Port's docks allows international containers to be quickly transferred between ship and rail. The facility also handles domestic containers originating in or destined for the Eastern United States market.
FECR ICTF Features
- 43 acres
- 9,000 feet total (3 x 3,000 feet) processing track
- 12,000 feet total (4 x 3,000 feet) storage track
- 3 Rubber-tired gantry (RTG) cranes with auto steering
- 2 Gate complexes - Domestic and International
- 11 Automated Gate System (AGS) lanes with Equipment Imaging Portals (EIP)
- 508 Cargo trailer parking spaces
The ICTF reduces congestion on interstate highways and local roadways. It reduces harmful air emissions by diverting an estimated 180,000 trucks from the roads by the year 2029.