new cranes and upgrade to existing cranes
To meet the demand for increased cargo, Port Everglades is adding six new Super Post-Panamax gantry cranes and upgrading existing cranes to serve new and existing Southport container berths.
Three Super Post-Panamax Gantry Cranes are being manufactured by Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. (ZPMC) in China at a cost of $41.4 million.
|Reach & Lift||22 Containers Wide, 7 Containers High on Deck|
|Backreach||35 Feet/10.6 Meters with Boom Fully Extended|
|Capacity||65 LT/66 MT (Long Tons = 2,240 pounds)|
|Operational Date||Fall 2020|
New Super-Post Panamax cranes under construction at the ZPMC facility in China in February 2020.
existing crane and infrastructure improvements
Upgrades to the existing infrastructure includes:
- New crane girders and rail for new cranes
- Add/Upgrade Stowage pin and tie-down anchors
- New crane rail construction begins February 2018
- 13.2 kV power infrastructure for new cranes
- New crane power switchgear building
- Repave wharf surface
- Existing cranes will be enhanced to handle heavier loads, including twin-picks
|Schedule||Start Date||End Date|
Summer 2016 (Completed)
|February 2018||June 2020 (target)|
- Convention Center Expansion
- Harbor Deepening & Widening
- marine infrastructure program
- Master/Vision Plan