Port Everglades launched an International Sister Seaports program in 2007 and shortly thereafter signed on two seaports interested in becoming part of Broward County's international family. Today, Port Everglades has International Sister Seaport agreements with various seaports around the world (listed below) to encourage new business and trade between the organizations.
Current Sister Seaports
- Port of Olbia, Sardinia, Italy, 2007
- Port of Xiamen, China, 2007
- Port of Marseille, France, 2008
- Panama Canal Authority, Panama, 2010
- Rio de Janeiro Port Authority (Docas do Rio), Brazil, 2010
- Port of Limón, Costa Rica, 2018
- Honduras National Port Authority, Honduras, 2018
To become a Sister Seaport with Port Everglades, a seaport must commit to the ongoing free exchange of information pertaining to cruise and cargo operations, statistical information, and general market research.
For more information, please contact External Affairs and Marketing at PortEverglades@Broward.org.