Port tenants and visitors may experience heavy traffic and delays this weekend, February 24 and 25, due to two different events being held at the Broward County Convention Center. More than 8,000 attendees are expected over the weekend. Motorists are encouraged to avoid the convention center area and use the port entrances located at Federal Hwy (US1)/ State Road 84 and I-595/Eller Dr.
Arriving & Departing
Port Everglades' cruise guests enjoy:
- Secured parking with over 5,500 spaces in two parking garages and three gated surface lots within walking distance to the terminals
- Free cell phone waiting lots for people picking up debarking guests
- Efficient drop-off areas
- Covered walkways
- Elevator/escalator access to gangways
- Curbside porter service for baggage
- Only 1.8 miles from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Ideal for a post-cruise vacation in the Greater Fort Lauderdale area
Here are a few simple travel tips to enhance your experience.
Departing passengers (embarkation)
- Follow cruise line’s assigned check-in time. To alleviate delays, do not arrive prior to assigned time.
- Bring government-issued photo ID. Anyone 18-years-old and older must produce a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’ license or passport) at the security checkpoint before entering the port.
- Keep identification/cruise documents handy. Put them in your carry-on bag. Do not pack them in your checked luggage. You will need to produce these documents at the port’s security checkpoint and several times before boarding your ship.
- Follow signs. Colorful digital wayfinding featuring Florida native plants and animals will appear with ship names and terminal assignments.
- Assist security. Security measures at the port help to ensure your safety. Please cooperate with security personnel to expedite boarding.
- Weapons of any type are not permitted inside the port. Cruise guests traveling by car must store weapons off-site, including guns, off port property during their cruise vacation.
- Tag your luggage. Complete and attach the luggage tags provided by your cruise line before you give your luggage to porters for delivery to your stateroom. Porters can provide additional tags.
- Carry valuables. Place in your carry-on bag valuables, fragile items, personal belongings and medications, along with your photo ID and cruise documents.
Returning passengers (disembarkation)
- Wait for shore-leave announcement. Passengers typically debark the ship between 7 and 9AM.
- Wait for a call. People coming to pick up returning cruise guests may park for free in our cell phone waiting lots located at the Port Administration Building, 1850 Eller Drive, just past the security checkpoint and at the Cell Phone Lot north of Cruise Terminal 18. Paid parking is also available in the parking garages.
- Consider porter service. Porter services hired by your cruise line can be used to deliver your bags to private cars, taxis and limousines. Tipping is optional.
- Time your airport arrival. Airlines at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport may only be able to check your bags up to two hours before your scheduled flight.
- Extend your vacation. If you have a later flight, extend your stay with a tour of Greater Fort Lauderdale. Many cruise lines offer post-cruise shore excursions that take care of your transportation and luggage.
For more information, please contact our cruise services 954-468-3720.