Port Everglades is one of the leading container ports in Florida thanks to the Port's strategic location and easy accessibility.
Port Everglades' containerized cargo tonnage has increased significantly in the past decade. With more than 6.5 million tons of containerized cargo in Fiscal Year 2021, Port Everglades is the 12th busiest container port in the nation, according to the Port Import Export Reporting Service (PIERS) published by JOC Group Inc.
We are the port of choice for more than 20 shipping lines that take advantage of our commitment to convenient, cost-effective transport and safe storage of containerized cargo. Port Everglades is ideal for moving products such as fruit, vegetables, automobiles and apparel to and from Central America, the Caribbean, South America, Europe and even the Far East. Here are just a few reasons that make us the port of choice:
- located just a half-mile from Atlantic shipping lanes
- quick in and out, deep-water channels
- Foreign-Trade Zone No. 25 at Port Everglades encourages imports and exports
- located within two miles of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- near-dock Florida East Coast Railway Intermodal Container Transfer Facility
- direct access to Florida's interstate highway system
- competitive rates for container cargo wharfage and gantry crane usage
- world-class facilities, superior customer service and state-of-the-art equipment
Ongoing capital improvements and expansion ensure that Port Everglades will be poised to handle increasing containerized cargo traffic going forward.